Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8/24/11

Time is flying by, we just move our youngest daughter off to college this past weekend so the house will be quiet for awhile. Hard to believe that the last one is off, where does the time go? One less at home to help keep an eye on Bernie but we’ll get by, we can’t make the children responsible for his care at this point but it was nice to know she was there and helped him out whatever he needed.  It also gave me peace of mind knowing she was home with him, my son is still at home although he works and we are not sure when he’ll be leaving us but I know he is planning something (good for him). I don’t think we are at the point where we need outside help to come in but I am thinking that it is not far off.
We are having our bathroom remodeled and they are scheduled to start this coming week, I am really looking forward to that, the bathroom is a dangerous place for people with this type of disorder. I have noticed that Bernie does not shower as often as he use to and mentioned it to him, he said he doesn’t feel safe in the shower, too many falls. I am hoping the new bathroom will make him more comfortable, we are adding several hand bars and a seat.

He called me the other day at work (woke up from a nap and was disorientated) wanted to know where I was…. told me he had lost our dog. I had to talk to him a bit and settle him down but he came around. I have noticed this lately when he sleeps during the day, he wakes up and is unsure of things, this doesn’t happen after a full night’s sleep just the naps, and wonder if anyone else has experienced that? He can also be very agitated upon waking from a nap yelling at times.

Now I am babbling, trying to put a post out, I wish I had time to sit and really compose  a post but it seems like I just have little snippets of time to put my thoughts down so I apologies for these scattered thoughts, I will try harder in the future.   

Take Care and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment