Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Still Eye Issues

9/12/11

The Botox injections are helping with the involuntary closing of Bernie’s eyes, however I have noticed that his blink rate is significantly less than before and much less than what is required. His eyes are now red and dry, and he has also developed an infection. The optometrists says it is because his eyes are not blinking which would lubricate the eyes normally. So is this because of the Botox injections or again a natural progression as it could be either. That’s what makes this condition so difficult, deciding what is progression and what is considered side effects. We go back to the neurologist in December so hoping he can shed so light on this.
Bernie has decided he wants to wear elbow pads to help with his falls, he seems to fall mostly on his left side and bang that elbow, and it has been bruised of months.  I am looking into a better elbow pad at this time because he bought a set at Wal-Mart for extreme sports and although they do help somewhat I would like to see if I can get something that is a better fit, these slide down on his arm. He has fallen on it so much that he has bone chips floating around it, I am surprised that he has not broken it yet. That is one of my biggest fears it that he will fall and break a bone whether is a hand, elbow, shoulder, hip, or God forbid his head, it could set him back to the point where he might not recover fully.
I am trying to find some time where I can sit and put more thought out there but for now all I have time for are these tidbit.

God Bless,
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment