Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Falls falls and more falls

Falls falls and more falls, that what these last two weeks have brought. Bernie is bruised and battered from all the falls he has taken lately the latest of which was this morning in the bathroom. Yesterday he fell out side walking into a shorter chair that he says he couldn’t see. His elbow is really sore, it seems to be the one he is consistently landing on, this hip and thigh on that side too are bruised as well. Does this mean that he needs some one with him at all times? I am thinking yes but that will be so hard to do for several reasons. First I am not home all the time because of my job, second I think he would fight me on this for a while. At all of our pivotal junctures it seem to take me months to get him to see that my ideas are what is safest for him. He fought me on the cane, he fought me on the walker, he fought me on driving, etc. It is so hard for him to live with this everyday and face the limitation this disease has put on him, I give him so much credit though because he fights it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment